Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Paper #2 Proposal

Title ~ Macho Women and Femme Men
Topic ~  Have the differences between men's and women's personalities been so different that it has formed the society we live in today, or is it the society that we live in that has made the personalities of men and women different? If we were to 'restart' the gender roles in society, would gravitate towards the old habits, or could we reshape the gender roles that are placed on men and women, or possibly get rid of gender roles all together?
Analysis ~ Exploration of the complete reversal of gender roles, if a man were to be the ones constantly perused by women and if women were raised to not show the weakness in their emotions. Would it be a simple flip-flop for the two genders, or do some characteristics only occur in a man or woman? Is dominance a man's role naturally, is submission the natural state for a woman? Are both attitudes needed to make a functional pair, or is any personality (and gender) capable of falling in love with another?
Exigence ~ I have an vision of people loving people. A person is capable of loving whoever they fall in love, unrestrained from the gender roles, society norms and the notion that straight men only date straight women or even that gay men only date gay men.
Intended Audience ~ Anyone capable of showing love and compassion.
Main Evidence ~
            Pathos ~ I will use the reversal of gender roles to get people to think about what it truly means to be a man or a woman. The point is not to get them to agree, it is to get them to think of the possibilities and how were are restrained from them. They will be more able to define the structures they are bound by, and will be forced to think critically about themselves and how they feel about certain roles they have been forced into, whether consciously or subconsciously. Will also compare to real life situations that I have personally seen, mostly in the gay community, where someone went against the suggested gender roles and what the effect of it was.
            Logos ~ I will use facts from gender studies found online to have something to compare the role reversals too. I will use biological facts that show a real difference between men and women as well as what is observed in the animal kingdom between animals who are not persuaded by advertisement or human gender roles.
            Ethos ~ I will give my perspective on the situation as someone who defines my sexuality as Ambiguous. So I will explain the way I look at people, how I perceive them to be, who I am attracted to and why I am attracted to them. I will explain the technical and emotional aspects of being Ambiguous and what would mean for society if it was practiced globally.

No comments:

Post a Comment